Continuing our amazing Race Bike Series is Katya’s unique Carrera SL!
What makes this bike so damn amazing?
1. The weight is NUTS. This complete frame weighs in at 740 grams. Really. Honestly.
2. You’ve never seen one. That’s right, we can guarantee it. Because Katya is riding the only Carrera SL ever brought into Canada. Of course, yours could be next
3. The engineering is top notch. Tapered fork, asymmetric design, internal cabling. Nice.
4. Italians know how to design bikes, period, so the geometry is just damn perfect.
5. It is within 70 grams of a Cervelo California for half the price. Anything else?
This Carrera is built up with:
– SRAM Red with Quarq crankset for power analysis
– Tune carbon seatpost with 3T ARX Team Stealth stem and Pro Vibe carbon bars
– ENVE 3.4 tubulars handbuilt by Wheelmaster Pete with the incredible Kappius hubset
So, let’s finally get to it. What’s the weight?
How about 14.1 lbs on the dot with pedals and cages.
And did we mention it has a damn Quarq??
Look for our girl Katya to tear up the Ontario race scene on her Carrera SL, as soon as she is back from a gnarly shoulder injury…get well soon, K!