HUNT 50Carbon Wide Aero Road Wheelset
This product is currently sold out.
These wheels are so light and aero that we're free wheeling in the pack whilst all others are pedalling, is it cheating? Fit these tubeless/clincher-ready wheels with tubeless tyres to make the package even faster and lighter.
We all want to go fast; that was the brief. The latest breed of tubeless tyres give-up nothing in weight to their clincher counterparts and the Schlwabe One Pro, that you can have fitted by us prior to delivery, weighs only 250g for a 25mm tyre (290 grams including 40 millilitres of sealant, while the Conti GP4sII folding tyre with tubes weighs 320 grams). The tyre rolling resistance of the new Schwalbe One Pro Tubeless is reduced by 9.5% over their clincher version according to Schwalbe's own tests! Hence tubeless was essential. Going deep is obvious for aero gains, wide rims with a U-profile provide great handling and reduce drag across multiple wind yaw-angles. However, wide rims require more material so add weight, to combat this issue the Hunt 50 Carbon Wide | Aero wheels use a cutting-edge construction method. This construction methods means the rims are extremely light at only 498g each even though they’re a massive 27mm wide and 50mm deep! The freehub body on the HUNT Sprint hubs used for the 50CWA is also upgraded with 48 teeth on the ratchet ring and multi-point pawls, providing super-fast 7.5 degree engagement for when the hammer goes down and you need to accelerate now! The strong individual leaf spring pawls are louder than circular spring set-ups but we think that is the right decision to make for this type of wheelset. Also, stiffness = Speed so we specced large 15mm diameter hub axles for sprinting and out-of-saddle climbing. Ease into them, your mates won’t know it’s the wheels!
- Rims | Toray T700/T800 carbon-fibre. Unidirectional sidewalls with 3K weave bed and spoke areas, Griptec basalt ceramic fibre brake-track for excellent braking and durability. Tubeless-ready for lower weight, rolling resistance and better puncture protection.
- Tyres | Designed with a wide 19mm rim bed fine with 23mm, but ideal for 25, 28 and wider tubeless tyres only. Tyres not included.
- Hubs | Race Season Sprint straight-pull super-light, 15mm diameter 7075-T6 axle. Circular dropout interface steps for added stiffness. 3x treble tooth pawl engagement for instant acceleration. Steel spline insert to protect cassette body.
- Spokes | 20F/24R Pillar PSRXTRA Aero straight pull
- Nipples & Brake Pads | 16mm alloy double square with washers. Griptec brake pads by BRAKCO for incredible braking performance.
- QR | Hunt Race Season super-light with heat-treated alloy/brass cam plate actuation and stainless steel springs.
- Included | QRs, Pads, Tubeless tape & valves, spokes w/key & aero spoke holder
- Weight | 1539g (rims, hubs spokes and nipples)
- Price | $1350 USD