VYNL Aluminum CX
VYNL bikes came into being because the bike industry stopped making the bikes we wanted to ride. So we made them ourselves.
With the rise of carbon and the renaissance of steel, we looked around and found the options for US made Aluminum frames lacking. Frustrated by the continual reinvention of the bike industry wheel, VYNL Race Bikes rebels against the ethos of innovation for the sake of making a buck. Our bikes, designed from the ground up to be no nonsense race machines, reflect a refreshingly honest approach to what a race bike should be.
VYNL bikes are handmade by craftsmen here in the US, and we strive to offer as much American-made elements to our bikes as possible, from the Paragon Machine Works derailleur hanger and DKG seat clamp down to the decals.
Our bikes are balanced. They’re light, but they’re durable enough to survive crashes and will outlast many carbon frames. They’re stiff, but we believe a bike can be too stiff and we worked hard to nail the ‘just right’ spot. We wanted a tight, responsive geometry for crits, the tire clearance for 28c tires, and a standard threaded bottom bracket.
- Handmade 7005 butted aluminum frame
- No-hassle threaded bottom bracket. English threads. 68mm shell.
- Size-specific, cyclocross-specific tubeset
- 142 x 12mm thru axle rear spacing
- Ahrens Thru Axle dropouts with Paragon inserts
- 44mm head tube (compatible with Chris King Inset 7 and Cane Creek 40 series headsets)
- 27.2 post, clamp-on front derailleur (32mm) and room for 700x40c tires
- 140/160 rotor compatibility
- Full length housing stops
- Two bottle mounts
Available in five VYNL colors:
- Metal Pink
- Gunmetal Grey
- Radium 88
- Wild Fuchsia
- Custom colors available upon request for an upcharge of $100 - $450