Sorry for the long delay, everyone!! We have been working behind the scenes on many new projects.
Here is a very quick update for you...
Toronto Bike Show
- we had an awesome time at the Bike Show this past weekend.
Feel free to come by the shop to take advantage of INSANE 30-50% savings off all show samples...wheels, framesets, complete bikes, and components. Sale goes until the end of March.
Dandyhorse Shop Visit
- thanks to Tammy, Jamie and Erik from Dandyhorse for getting to know our awesome little shop just a bit better. Check out the dandyBLOG
for the full write up and pretty pictures, like the one below...
Club and Team News
- yes the rumours are true. Blacksmith Cycle will be running an OCA licensed private club for 2012. For both club riders and M2/M3 racers, you will have a new home in the Queen West / Ossington / Parkdale core. Stay tuned for online sign-up in the coming weeks, but be ready for pro-quality clothing kits, weekly group rides, and awesome support for club members and racers alike.
Alchemy Bicycle Co.
- for those of you who don't know, the North American Handbuilt Bicycle Show was this past weekend, and in honour of their HUGE win for BEST CARBON BIKE AT NAHBS
, we are offering special 10% savings off any Alchemy custom frameset for the entire month of March!! Book your free custom fitting for your Alchemy order today. Check out the award-winning Aero ($4,000), below, and notice the awesome frame hiding behind it ;)
Custom Bike Project
- the Alchemy Bicycle boys will be sending us our first two Blacksmith MS2 stainless framesets (seen below) next week. Drop by the store to check them out, or order your own. In fact, we will soon have a stock floor model for our 2nd collaboration, a non-stainless-steel race bike, which we will announce in the coming days!
- one other nastily true rumour is that we are about to launch a new website. Keep your eyes on this URL - blacksmithcycle.com - for the upcoming changes, but you can look forward to a new e-commerce element, more consistent weekly content (team rider equipment reviews, bike of the week, and the hottest new component and wheel breakdowns), and much more.
- The Blacksmith Gang