CHAPTER 2 AO
Adventure! We all love it, we all seek it, but having the right tool for the job means that adventure can mean different things to different people. The AO is the Swiss Army knife of the Gravel genre. AO means “Earth” in Maori and New Zealand’s rugged landscape became the brief in developing one of the most versatile Gravel frames in the market.
Each year hundreds of adventurers embark on the Tour of Aotearoa, a 3,000km race from the tip of the North Island to the southernmost part of the South Island. Along the way, competitors will traverse some of the most spectacular and rough roads and terrains.
The AO has been specially designed to excel in all the variable conditions. With 42mm tire clearance with 700C wheels and the ability to accept 650B wheels at 47mm tire clearance, the AO can be fitted with 5 water bottles, dropper post, panniers and mudguards making it an adventurer’s perfect multi-tool.
Whether you are racing fast gravel events or long distance brevets the AO’s ability to adjust its rear centre by up to 15mm will let you adjust its agility levels to suit your every need and desire, including running road tires for that one bike does it all quiver killer.
Features and Details
- Carbon: Toray® T700, T800 & 3K Directional Carbon
- Fork 2 Sizes: XS, S, M (55mm offset) and L, XL (50mm offset)
- Frame Weight: 1,180g Size M +/- 3%
- Fork Weight: 479g Uncut +/- 3%
- Seatpost Weight: 249g +/- 3%
- BB: BSA Threaded English
- Electronic Shifting: SHIMANO® Di2, SRAM® eTAP & Campagnolo® EPS compatible
- Battery Type: Di2 SM-BTR-2 or BT-DN300 and EPS V3 Battery Compatible
- Tire Clearance: 42mm (700c) & 47mm (650B)
- Brake Type: Disc Only
- Disc Thru-Axle Spec: Flat Mount FR 12x100mm, RR 12x142mm, E-Thru M12x1.5mm
- Safety Standard: EN ISO 4210:2014
ALL COLOURS AVAILABLE FOR ORDER ON REQUEST