SHIMANO Women's RX8
The RX8 features a super-stiff and efficient full-length carbon outsole with a Shimano stiffness rating of 10 (out of 11). A precise fit is gained from a heel stabilizer, while minimal TPU lugs, micro toe armor, and an anti-slip pad create walkability and protection that is race-tuned for gravel. The cleat-pedal interface features a wider contact point that is optimized to fit with new XTR PD-M9100 pedals while stiff TPU lugs increase pedaling efficiency compared to rubber lugs. All of this comes in a lightweight package at 265g (size 42), significantly lighter than Shimano’s premium S-PHYRE XC9 mountain bike racing shoes.
Comfort is critical for ultra-endurance gravel racing events and the RX8 delivers a glove-like fit. The shoe utilizes a one-piece Surround Structure synthetic upper with perforated venting and secures the foot with a single Boa IP1 dual micro adjustment dial. Weight is reduced by utilizing a Velcro strap at the front of the shoe.
Features and Details
- Heel Stabilizer — Improves heel hold
- Super stiff and lightweight carbon composite sole
- System engineered with SPD pedals for maximum pedaling efficiency and stability
- Lightweight, abrasion-resistant TPU lugs for the best balance of pedaling performance and off-the-bike capability
- Surround upper pattern provides the perfect balance of holding power and absolute all-day comfort
- Boa IP1 with dual micro adjustment function
- Women's specific last for a natural, comfortable fit