We are about to start getting Storck crazy here at Blacksmith to celebrate that we are now the largest stocking Storck dealer in North America - so say hello to your own German engineered Race machine today.
All month long you can expect bike reviews, amazing photos, and a new and evolving full e-commerce Storck store (with free shipping) for your enjoyment.
First up, a quick peak at our race "rental", Storck Absolutist, ridden this season by Trevor Doyle and Mike McKee of the Vinylbuilt squad, Andrew from Team Blacksmith, and myself in the ride-her-around-slowly camp.
2012 Storck Absolutist w/ Dura Ace 7900, 3T ARX Team Black and Ergonova LTD,
Storck comfort 210 post, Arione CX saddle, and our usual Tune 58mm Carbon Wheels...
- The German. Er, Italian, Japanese, French, American blend.
A very stiff ride, from BB to headtube, but with a nice planted feeling - no terrible jarring sensations at all -all the race guys seem to have given their big thumbs up, though to be fair, they're not usually all that picky!
Expect a more in-depth review on his own experiences from Trevor in the coming weeks but I know he mentioned that this rig really kicks into its own when you step on the gas and accelerate.
- 3T bar+stem on a tapered front-end with flow-through integrated cable routing
- Press-fit bottom bracket and downtube are just freaking enormous
- A little bit of the typical Storck engineering from those cantilever rear stays and (amazing!) Storck Comfort Carbon Seatpost
- Looks fast standing still: Tune wheels, Corima pads, Arundel tape + a Fizik saddle on top
Get your own Storck online or come test ride one of our demos in the shop today,
including our Aero 2 IS or Fenomalist with SRAM Red 2012 Edition!